Brendan offers regular mobile photography workshops throughout the year in association with Cork’s Glucksman Gallery and The Gallery of Photography in Dublin and in many countries around the world such as England, Iceland, Lithuania, Portugal, Cyprus, Malaysia, Bali, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Brendan also offers corporate workshops and has worked with Bord Gais, SEAI and the HSE. Event-specific workshops are also offered. If you are interested a workshop, please use the contact page to connect with Brendan.
Next workshops are:
December 7th and February 15th in The Gallery of Photography, Dublin
Check out the Instagram Story from the last workshop here.
More workshops to be announced for Cork in near future.
Coming from a teaching background, Brendan combines over 20 years of helping learners to maximise their learning potential with his passion for photography. This results in a dynamic, engaging and learning-centred experience for the participants, allowing them to immediately put into practice the tips and techniques that Brendan covers in his workshops.
By the end of the session, you will have:
- become more confident in using your iPhone/Android phone and getting the most from it;
- developed your eye for composition, light and content and begun to think and see photographically;
- become more aware of common mistakes that can occur when shooting and processing;
- discovered some of the best apps out there for mobile photography;
- gained a better practical understanding of how Snapseed can enhance your images;
- had opportunity to hit the streets taking photographs and putting what you’ve been learning into practice;
- been given a comprehensive take-home guide on how to use Snapseed;
- been given a comprehensive list of useful links and people to follow to help you continue your learning after the workshop;
- been given an overview of best cloud storage for your photographs and options for printing your photos;
- be given one-to-one guidance and feedback on your images, while on the photo walk, and later in the editing session;
- be tired, but invigorated and inspired!
What people say about Brendan’s workshops:
I took Brendan’s iPhone photography workshop in the Glucksman and it opened up a whole new world of colour, movement and quirky ideas for me. Through his teachings and helpful advice, he taught us how to make the most of this nifty little gadget we call the iPhone to capture images that at first may seem relatively hum-drum but with processing take on a whole new life and meaning. This workshop is a must for people who underutilise their iPhone camera and those that are looking for something new to try. Linda Curtin
The workshop gave me tips and skills to practise and explore with. The best part of the session was the personal attention, help with editing and getting to meet other photographers and enjoying the discussions on the day. Nicola Bessell
I would recommend the workshop because it is very informative and Brendan is very enthusiastic. I got a good grasp of how to use Snapseed for my iPhone photos. Emer Brady
I am taking away a great deal of confidence through Brendan’s patient teaching. I loved the way it all unfolded. It was brilliant not getting stuck because I didn’t understand. Everything was so carefully explained. Fran Woolf
Overall, I found the workshop very enjoyable, educational and also inspiring. Brendan’s workshop demonstrated that really great results can be achieved with just a few ingredients most of us have: a decent mobile phone camera, some cheap or free apps, and a bit of time to play around and learn. So don’t be afraid to just get out there, take some snaps, edit them and show the world. After all, everybody else is doing it! Ofer
It was well worth getting up at 3 a.m. to get to Dublin from Cambridge to attend Brendan’s workshop. Sir Cam, Cambridge.
The session was packed full of immediately helpful tips for people of any level. Jude Jarvis
“I am seriously considering not hauling my Nikon around as much anymore. I learnt so much on Saturday – the burst mode, taking Panaromas, composition hints, trying to have fun with different exposures. Snapseed is so easy to use – but maybe that’s because we were so well taught on the day.” Maragaret O’ Shea.